Sorry babes… I have been a TAD M.I.A. the past few weeks. It’s all for a good cause though I promise! All will reveal itself in due time. I have many special projects in the works here in Oklahoma (ya know, just trying to make the world a better place one change.org petition at a time lol).
ANYHOO- here’s what ya missed while I was away:
- DACA… Also known as the “Dreamers” Act. What’s all the hype? Well, President Trump dismantled an executive order by President Obama, following refuge for the children of illegal immigrants. This way, congress will have to decide whether or not to approve it… This puts Trump’s conservative allies in the hot seat, which some weren’t too happy about.
- Hillary Clinton is releasing a book entitled “What Happened.” She means in regards to the 2016 presidential election (duh). She is expected to burn everyone from Bernie to Biden, even women voters. The book’s anticipation continues to rise and pre-orders are piling up as people continue to leak dramatic excerpts. The book does not have a set release date but is said to come out this Fall.
- Hurricane Harvey cleared up but HEY, Irma is on the way. For the most part, this massive, category 5 storm is heading towards the Caribbean but may impact southern Florida as well. Increased number and scale of natural disasters like hurricanes are an early symptom of climate change predicted by scientists years ago. So hang on kids, it only gets worse from here.
- TRUMP TEAMS UP WITH THE DEMOCRATS. You’re probably thinking- did I read that right?! YUP. Mr. Big in the britches himself pulled a fast one on us. And NO ONE saw it coming… The Republican leaders were pretty shocked and pretty pissed (understandably so). So what did he agree with them on? A three month stay of execution rather than a longer one which means, congress will have to vote on raising the debt ceiling, approving a budget, and $8 million in hurricane relief BEFORE the end of the year and their elections… Yikes! No pressure y’all!
Aaaand the funsies:
- Little Prince George of England (Kate’s son), started school this week….. DAWWWE.
- Kendall Jenner rocked a pixie cut at NY Fashion Week.
- Taylor Swift has dropped two songs off her new album…. But I doubt anyone missed that unless they’re hiding in a cave somewhere.
That’s it guys! If I missed something major, drop me a comment below xx