* I may make a small commission on this post but as always, all opinions are my own *
Hi babes! It’s been awhile huh? My interns and sister have been posting for me for a while now but it’s great to be back.
SO I know, being millennial women on social media… We have all seen these “tummy teas” “skinny detoxes” and promotional brands essentially telling you the secret to all your fitness goals is in a twice a day tea.
Now, anyone who has actually achieved fitness goals at one point in their life would shake their head thinking- there is no easy, quick way of getting your dream body! Besides those of us #blessed with a speedy metabolism, hard work, dedication, and a healthy lifestyle are the only ways to achieve long-term results.
So with all that in mind, when LumiTea approached me to review their product I was skeptical.
They let me know the colon cleanse tea was just for helping de-bloat but some people did notice weight loss. They explained that they are a wellness company with different loose leaf blends… They are just looking to help ELEVATE your healthy lifestyle not work like a miracle drug lol. I felt like I could be into this so I decided to give it a try and review it for you guys. Obviously I am being OVERLY honest but y’all wouldn’t expect anything else right?
I decided to take them on because I have severe bloating with my Gastroparesis and have been looking for a solution.
Going into LumiTea I experienced:
- Severe bloating due to my digestion issues
- A desire to lose a little weight (5-10lbs)
The tea I drank was the Bloating Detox 30 day cleanse. I had to take a break in the middle due to getting sick (a stomach flu- completely unrelated!). These are a blend of Oolong, Ginger, and Senna root teas… These are filled with antioxidants and all help with digestion. Some of you may be familiar with Senna root as it is used as a light laxative- it definitely helped me #2 but not in an aggressive way. I did experience some slight stomach cramping but that may have had more to do with my flu than the tea! The Skinny tea you drink every morning and the Colon tea you drink every other night as not to overwhelm your digestive system.
Here’s what I experienced:
- The taste of the Skinny Tea is like any green or herbal tea… Very natural and a little grassy. I like these type of tea anyway so it was yummy to me.
- The Colon Tea was almost a little sweet- but also herby & grassy too. It made for a great night cap!
- I made my Skinny tea every morning leaving the house and drank it as I got ready for the day… I would have a hot mug of it while doing my hair/ makeup & listening to music in the mornings!
- The Colon tea I made every other night after dinner but before bed while Deven and I were winding down… Usually watching Scandal or West Wing 🙂
- It was so soothing to have a cup of tea before bed- It became something I looked forward to and I’ve been doing sleepy tea ever since I finished the cleanse!
- As you all know, I am a lemon addict so I added lemon a few times as desired.
- I noticed that when I woke up the morning after using the colon tea, I was supppper bloated but would have a #2 pretty early in the day and then would completely deflate. Days when I just had the skinny tea, I was super de-bloated!
- I was definitely more regular in the bathroom… But otherwise couldn’t tell a difference with digestion.
- My ONE complaint about this tea was that it was loose leaf. I thought the LumiTea diffuser was SO cute but it was tricky to wash so I ended up using my pink one more often than the one they sent me. That said, the one they sent worked well, was just annoying to wash.
In the end:
- I lost 5 lbs! That said, I was actively trying to lose weight… AKA working out, watching calorie intake, etc.! I think that’s important to note but I also think there is a definite chance this tea gave that process a little boost.
- DURING the cleanse, my bloating went down a ton but after I was done, my overall bloating is about the same as before using the tea, maybe a little less.
- I did not experience more or less energy, no changes in sleep, or appetite.
Because it only debloated me DURING the cleanse, I don’t think the tea is a long-term solution for my Gastroparesis bloat but I will certainly keep it in mind for special occasions.
I would definitely say this tea is worth trying if you have a special event coming up! Whether it’s your wedding, a girl’s night out, or a charity gala, this tea will make sure you aren’t bloated on the big day! I would time it out to where the event is towards the end of the cleanse so that you can also have the added benefit of a little weight loss beforehand as well.
Again, this is no “miracle drug” for weight loss but it will definitely help the process along as well as keep you in the healthy mindset all throughout the cleanse. Plus, who doesn’t love waking up in the morning with a flat tummy? When you start the day feeling skinny, it totally makes you want to reach for a kale salad rather than pizza, am I right??
Also- I have some great news! LumiTea gave me a discount code for you guys!!!
So to try LumiTea for yourself, you can simply go to the website http://www.lumitea.com and use the code ANTIGONE to get 20% off your purchase!
How sweet of them huh? Great company!
Also be sure to check out their social media- especially their Instagram!! So many beautiful pics of their product.
All my love,